What Personal Information About Customers Does DiscountedNewspapers.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at DiscountedNewspapers.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Give Us
We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future visits for you, improving our service, and communicating with you.
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses DiscountedNewspapers.com. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at DiscountedNewspapers.com if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from DiscountedNewspapers.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
Information from Partners
For reasons such as improving personalization of our service (for example, making special offers regarding your particular charity program or newspaper), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. We also sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our partners or other sources so that we can correct our records and communicate more easily.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of DiscountedNewspapers.com, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does DiscountedNewspapers.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only within the affiliated Web sites of Newspaper Subscription Services LLC of which DiscountedNewspapers.com is a subsidiary.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other related entities. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that Newspaper Subscription Services, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
Protection of DiscountedNewspapers.com and Others
We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; or protect the rights, property, or safety of DiscountedNewspapers.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
What Information Can I Access?
DiscountedNewspapers.com gives you access to your account for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to receive the full credit for your selected action or purchase.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "What Information Can I Access?" section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
DiscountedNewspapers.com does not promote products for purchase by children. We promote products for purchase by adults. If you are under 16, you may use DiscountedNewspapers.com only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit DiscountedNewspapers.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Deleware. If you have any concern about privacy at DiscountedNewspapers.com, please send us a thorough description to feedback@DiscountedNewspapers.com, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly. This Notice may change, and use of information that we gather now is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site to see recent changes.
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you buy, renew, receive special promotional offers, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a newspaper; make an order; provide your account information (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address or postal address when ordering with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; specify a favorite charity at DiscountedNewspapers.com.com, or have previously interacted with other Newspaper Subscription Services affiliated sites. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, phone number; and credit card information.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; newspapers you viewed or searched for; frequent flier programs you inquired about, and phone number used to call our 800 number.