Salisbury Daily Times
The Daily Times was first owned by the Truitt family of Salisbury, Maryland. It was sold to Brush-Moore Newspapers of Canton, Ohio in 1937; thirty years later, Brush-Moore was sold to Thomson Newspapers of Toronto, Canada. Gannett bought the paper from Thomson in 2000. The paper began publication in 1886 as The Wicomico News, a weekly. On December 3, 1923, it became a daily and became The Evening Times and later The Salisbury Times. It changed its Sunday name to The Sunday Times on Oct. 22, 1967 to reflect its Sunday publication, while maintaining a five-day publication still known as The Daily Times. It became a morning publication on October 2, 1989. Later, it dropped the name on Sunday and printed seven days a week under the name of The Daily Times.