Texas Newspapers

Beaumont Enterprise

The Beaumont Enterprise is a newspaper of the Hearst Corporation, headquartered in Beaumont. It has been in operation since 1880. The Enterprise is a perennial winner of the state’s top journalism awards, including the Texas Press Association’s and Texas Associated Press Managing Editors’ prizes for overall excellence. Operating separately under the same company for many years, the Enterprise and Journal merged in 1983. The Hearst Corporation acquired the Enterprise from the Jefferson-Pilot insurance company's publications arm in 1984. John E. Newhouse is the publisher and Timothy M. Kelly is the editor. Headquarter are located in Beaumont, TX on Main Street. The average circulation for this paper is 23,388 daily and 33,957 on Sundays.

Brownsville Herald

The Brownsville Herald is a newspaper based in Brownsville, Texas, circulating in the Cameron County area. Jesse O. Wheeler, a newspaperman from Victoria purchased Brownsville's Cosmopolitan newspaper in 1892 and renamed it the Brownsville Herald. It was owned by Freedom Communications until 2012. Its papers, the Brownsville Herald, Odessa American, Valley Morning Star of Harlingen, El Nuevo Heraldo, The Monitor of McAllen, The Mid Valley Town Crier of Weslaco, Coastal Current of South Padre Island and a variety of other weekly and monthly publications were sold to AIM Media Texas.

Bryan Eagle

The Eagle, officially known as The Bryan-College Station Eagle, is a daily newspaper based out of Bryan, Texas. Centered in Brazos County, the paper covers an eight-county area around Bryan-College Station that includes Texas A&M University. First published as the Weekly Eagle in 1889, it transitioned to a daily in 1913

Dallas Morning News

The Dallas Morning News is the major daily newspaper serving the Dallas, Texas, with a circulation of 405, 349 daily subscribers and 702,848 on Sunday, the Audit Bureau of Circulations reported in March 2012. It was founded on October 1, 1885, by Alfred Horatio Belo as a satellite publication of the Galveston Daily News, of Galveston, Texas. Today it has one of the 20 largest paid circulations in the United States. Throughout the 1990s and as recently as 2010, the Dallas Morning News has won numerous Pulitzers for both reporting and photography, George Polk Awards for education reporting and regional reporting, and an Overseas Press Club award for photography. The company has its headquarters in Downtown Dallas. James M. Moroney III is the publisher of the Dallas Morning News and Robert W. Mong, Jr. is the editor.

El Nuevo Heraldo

Spanish newspaper of the Rio Grande Valley Customers who purchase a El Nuevo Heraldo subscription receive comprehensive and in-depth news coverage. A well respected newspaper with strong local focus, compelling feature articles and sharp editorial content, El Nuevo Heraldo newspaper readers are always well informed.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram is an important American daily newspaper serving Fort Worth and the western half of the North Texas. Its area of distribution is checked by its main rival, The Dallas Morning News, which is published from the eastern half of the North Texas. It is owned by The McClatchy Company. The Fort Worth Star published its first newspaper in 1906. In November 1908, the Star purchased the Telegram and the two newspapers merged in 1909 into the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. In 1981, the paper received the Pulitzer Prize for Spot News Photography. In 1985, the paper again won the Pulitzer Prize for Public Service. The current publisher of the paper is Gary Wortel and the editor is Jim Witt. Headquarters are located at 400 West Seventh Street in Forth Worth, TX. The average circulation for the Star-Telegram is 151,753 daily and 234,091 on Sundays.

Longview News-Journal

The Longview News-Journal is the major newspaper printed in the City of Longview, Texas. With roots stretching back to 1871, the Longview News-Journal is the flagship of Texas Community Media, the Victoria-based media group that owns and operates the News-Journal, daily Marshall News Messenger and a dozen weekly and twice-weekly newspapers and websites in East Texas. The newspaper today circulates its print edition in 11 East Texas counties to about 25,000 subscribers daily. In addition to producing the daily News-Journal, the Longview location is the centralized news, advertising, printing and circulation site for all Texas Community Media newspapers and websites in East Texas. Together, the daily and weekly newspapers, along with their online products, reach more than 300,000 consumers each week.

McAllen Monitor

Customers who purchase a McAllen Monitor subscription receive comprehensive and in-depth news coverage. A well respected newspaper with strong local focus, compelling feature articles and sharp editorial content, McAllen Monitor newspaper readers are always well informed.

Tyler Morning Telegraph

Based in Tyler, Texas and owned by the T.B. Butler Publishing Company, Inc., The Tyler Morning Telegraph is their daily newspaper. The newspaper's Sunday edition is known as the Tyler Courier-Times--Telegraph, because it was once the combined Sunday edition of the Morning Telegraph and the Tyler Courier-Times, a sister afternoon paper published until 1995. The paper uses a stylized paperboy as its logo and bills itself as

Victoria Advocate

The Victoria Advocate is a daily newspaper independently published in Victoria, Texas. It is the second oldest paper in Texas and the oldest west of the Colorado River, going back to 1846. The paper was established in 1846 by publishers John D. Logan and Thomas Sterne of Van Buren, Arkansas, as a weekly newspaper named the Texan Advocate. After the publication was renamed the Texian Advocate, ownership changed hands a number of times during the 1850s. The paper eliminated its Democratic label in 1980 after it was acquired by John M. Roberts, who recast the paper as politically Independent. The paper serves the communities of the Victoria metropolitan area, and currently runs a Sunday circulation of 33,368 issues. Headquarters are located at 311 East Constitution Street Victoria, TX 77901.

Waco Tribune-Herald

The Waco Tribune-Herald is a daily newspaper serving Waco, Texas. The newspaper has its roots in five different predecessors, beginning with the Waco Evening Telephone in 1892. The Tribune-Herald took its current identity when E.S. Fentress and Charles Marsh, who owned the Waco News-Tribune, bought the Waco Times-Herald. The newspapers stayed in the Fentress family until 1976, when they were sold to Cox Newspapers, which continued to own the chain until 2009, when Waco businessman Clifton Robinson bought the paper. In 2012, Robinson sold the newspaper to Berkshire Hathaway. The newspaper is currently located at 900 Franklin Avenue Waco, TX 76701 and circulating 38,636 on Sundays and 33,576 on weekdays.