The Standard-Examiner is a daily morning newspaper published in Ogden, Utah. With 63,000 subscribers, it is the third largest daily newspaper in terms of circulation in the State of Utah after the Salt Lake Tribune and The Deseret Morning News. It was acquired by the Sandusky Newspaper chain of Sandusky Ohio in 1993. The first issue of the Ogden Standard was distributed on January 1, 1888 and the Ogden Examiner in 1904. The two papers were merged on April 1, 1920, creating the current nameplate. Historically an evening newspaper, the Standard-Examiner switched to morning publication in 2000. Also in 2000, the paper's offices and printing plant moved to a new production printing plant and a remodeled office building at Business Depot Ogden, the former Defense Depot Ogden. This is where the headquarters remain as of 2012.